- Recommended for: Grades K-6 (individual lessons vary–some are split K-2 and 3-6; others are K-5 or K-6)
- Lesson duration: Each lesson runs 1-2 library sessions of about 60 minutes total. It is very easy to extend many of these into biweekly themes.
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides (you can use either); PDF
- Editable: YES! All text in every presentation is editable in PPT and Google Slides. All PDF documents also have editable text.
These were developed over a school year. They evolved greatly in that time! Some include songs or links to music or video. Some include scavenger hunts and/or sign language. Some include printable lists of recommended books and lesson plan templates. Some include all of these, and others include none of these.
Click on any of the resources in this bundle to see exactly what is included in each theme.
Library Storytime — These are two-part library lessons for Grades K-2. The first part is a whole-class lesson. It includes a storytime song, sign language, and whole-class discussion or activity. Part II is slides to scroll during checkout. Several Storytimes include scavenger hunt activities for Part II.
Library Lesson — These lessons vary from Grades K-6. Like the Storytimes, they also include two parts. Part I is a whole-class lesson or discussion. Part II is scrolling slides.
Digital Bulletin Boards — These are designed for students in Grades 3-6. They do not include a Part I library lesson or storytime, but they can be used to support a read-aloud or theme. These are scrolling presentations, like Part II of the Storytimes and Lessons.
Some of the themes below include a lower-elementary version (K-2 or K-3) and an upper elementary version (3-6 or 4-7). Others are one lesson for K-6.
- Welcome to the Library
- Book Care
- The Letter M
- Parts of a Book
- Grandparents Day
- Mexico (great for Hispanic Heritage Month in Sept-Oct)
- News Media
- Veterans Day
- Winter Holidays
- Snow and Ice
- Award Winners
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Chinese New Year
- Ruby Bridges
- Women’s History
- Earth Day
- Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month
- Summer Reading
No. While I plan to continue to create themed library lessons and storytimes, I do not plan to add any more to this set. Updates will happen, but no new lessons are planned for this set.