: This presentation is . I mention Remembrance Day in a few slides, but the majority of this presentation is about the US military, US national monuments, and US history.
This product is a . Many elementary librarians are purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. I’ve covered all grades here, from K-6.
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about Veterans Day is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use. , which are great to preface a Veterans Day read-aloud. that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for K-6 books about Veterans Day. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- and YouTube link (“America the Beautiful”)
- to “veteran” in American Sign Language
- of who veterans are, the sacrifices they make, why we celebrate them, and how to say thank you to veterans.
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-3. I took great care to include images of .
- for Grades K-6
- photos and information about (Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Vietnam Veterans Memorial/The Wall, Marine Corps War Memorial/Iwo Jima, USS Arizona/Pearl Harbor, Arlington National Cemetery
- information about (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard)
- information about and
- correct of “Veterans Day”
- 18 visual ; includes picture books, middle grade novels, nonfiction, and poetry for Grades K-6
- 2 “Would you rathers”
- vocabulary words: and
- Loaded with fun facts, Did you knows…, a “What do you think?” question