Click here to see the full PDF preview for this December Holidays Library Lesson.
This elementary library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach K-5 students diverse December holiday traditions is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
- Recommended for: Grades K-5
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to complement a winter holidays themed read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 55-slide PPT + Google™ Slides library lesson presentation
- List of 22 recommended read-alouds for December holidays (1 page, PDF and PPT)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (2 pages, differentiated, PDF and PPT)
- Answer Key for Scavenger Hunt (1 page, PDF and PPT)
- Prep, set up, tips (6 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- song lyrics: “Jingle Bells”
- sign language: “holiday”
- brief information about multiple December holidays and traditions (listed below)
- weekly and daily agendas (you fill in the template)
- terms: shammash, kinara, sufganiyot, posadas
- fun facts about Christmas trees, annual snowfall, ugly sweaters
- would you rathers
- this or that
- two holiday jokes
- trivia questions and answers
- Word of the Week: evergreen and Epiphany
- Happy birthday to…
- Photos and clipart feature 19 different insects
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and colorful clipart for Grades K-4.
- Pancha Ganapati (Hindu)
- Boxing Day
- Las Posadas (Mexico)
- La Befana (Italy)
- Christmas in Australia
- Ugly Sweaters
- Three King’s Day / Candlemas (Spain, Philippines, Mexico, Latin America)
- 2 versions + answer key
- Version 1 – students color the holiday icons and objects as they find them in the presentation slides
- Version 2 – questions about the information in the slides + smaller images to find
- Includes picture books, fiction, and nonfiction
- all have a December holidays theme
- total of 22 titles
- includes small images from the presentation
- titles are editable, so you can customize the books included for your library
- All titles were hand-selected by a veteran school librarian for quality, diversity, positive reviews, and currency.
There are no reviews yet.