NOTE: This presentation is . I mention other countries in a few slides, but the majority of this presentation is about Thanksgiving traditions in the USA. The focus is on American traditions rather than Thanksgiving history.
This product is a . Many elementary librarians are purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. I’ve covered all grades here, from K-6.
See a demo of one of my Digital Storytimes here. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students Thanksgiving traditions is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use. , which are great to preface a Thanksgiving read-aloud. that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for K-6 books about Thanksgiving. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- to short Thanksgiving videos
- Link to “Thanksgiving” in American Sign Language
- of what Thanksgiving is
- of Thanksgiving traditions in: USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, Liberia, Norfolk Island, and Germany
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-3. I took great care to include clipart of performing various Thanksgiving preparation roles.
- for Grades K-6
- Includes facts about Thanksgiving including: presidential turkey pardons, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, breaking the wishbone, Thanksgiving Day football
- 18 visual ; includes picture books, middle grade novels, nonfiction, and poetry for Grades K-6
- 2 “Did you Know” slides
- 2 True/False slides with answers (4 slides)
- 1 “Would you rather?”
- “This or That?” (1 slide)
- 1 world record
- 2 trivia questions with answers
- 2 kid-friendly Thanksgiving jokes
- correct spelling of Thanksgiving
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays