This product is a . Many elementary librarians have been purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time.
. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use. The first , which are great to preface a winter-themed read-aloud. that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for K-6 books set during winter. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- slide and how-to link (“winter”)
- discussion of . Includes: fur, feathers, blubber, hibernation, brumation, going deep, burrowing, migration, huddle up, change color, and store food.
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
- for Grades K-6
- Includes facts and definitions about including information about: Winter Solstice, the Iditarod, world’s snowiest city, why Arctic wolves are not endangered, aurora borealis, longest migration, and Zambonis.
- : polar bears, snowshoe hares, cardinals, walruses, bats, blue whale, crocodiles, mice, monarch butterflies, penguins, Arctic foxes, Arctic wolves, squirrels, sea otters, moose, snow leopards, narwhals, Arctic terns, hummingbirds, and caribou/reindeer.
- 17 visual ; includes 6 picture books, 6 fiction novels, and 4 nonfiction/biographies, and 1 poetry book.
- 4 “Did you Know” slides
- 1 True/False slide with answer (2 slides)
- “Would you rather?” (3 slides)
- “What am I?” (clues about an animal’s identity–2 slides)
- 1 world record
- 3 trivia questions with answers
- 1 kid-friendly winter joke
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays