Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Valentine’s Day Library Lesson.
- Recommended for: Grades K-5; created for school libraries, but it works for classrooms, too!
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons, total of about 50 minutes
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- 61-slide PPT + Google Slides – all text is editable; you choose which slides you want to use.
- Recommended Reads List (1 PDF page, editable)
- Differentiated Scavenger Hunt activity (2 pages + answer key)
- Detailed, editable lesson plan aliged to AASL, CCSS, and TEKS (2 pages)
- sign language link (“heart”)
- guided discussion of human hearts
- location of human heart
- all humans have a heart in the same location
- heartbeats and heart rate
- how exercise affects heart rate
- tips for keeping your heart healthy.
- Every slide in the presentation is illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photos for K-5.
- fun facts and trivia
- whale hearts
- the heart-shaped ice lake on Pluto
- candy hearts
- insect hearts
- heart-healthy foods
- arteries vs. veins
- aorta and inferior vena cava
- first open-heart surgery (Dr. Daniel Hale Williams)
- heart chambers (human and animal)
- Why is some human blood is blue and other human blood is red?
- 2 library review questions
- “Would you rathers?” and “This or Thats?”
- Vocabulary words: arteries and cardiac
- This week’s birthdays, weekly and daily agenda slides
- Valentine’s Day Trivia Game (Grades 4-7)
- Unwrap a Mystery Book (Grades 3-6)
- Valentine’s Day Activity Booklet (Grades 1-4)
There are no reviews yet.