- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 26 lessons; each lesson takes 50 minutes or two 25-minute lessons
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that these presentations are designed to read-alouds. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
Each presentation guides you through a pre-storytime discussion of the letter. This part is approximately 12-16 slides.
You do not have to do every slide with every class–I included many slides so you can move them around and differentiate between grade levels. This also helps keep the lesson interesting for you if you are teaching it many times.
- nursery rhyme and/or song for the letter (many letters include more than one)
- 2 sign language signs (letter + animal)
- student names beginning with the letter
- sample words for that letter
- 2-5 library skills or terms for that letter
- At the end of Part I slides, you can read a story aloud.
- Checkout reminders/procedures slide. Fill out any procedures you need!
- After the story, students can checkout library books.
- After checkout (or while waiting for others to do checkout), scroll the Part I and II slides on a screen. Start with Part II and let it scroll automatically through Part II and then Part I again.
- Students color the scavenger hunt printable. All the images in the scavenger hunt appear somewhere in the presentation (both parts).
- Print the Recommended Reads on the back of the scavenger hunt. When students take home the scavenger hunt, parents will have 15 recommended book titles listed on the other side.
- 30+ slide presentation, editable in both PPT and Google formats
- Scavenger Hunt for coloring (1 page, PDF)
- Recommended Reads page to give to parents and teachers
- pre-filled, editable lesson plan with AASL, CC, and TEKS standards
- Two clearly-marked “parts.” Each part could be a separate lesson (25 minutes each), or they could be together (50 minutes).
- suggested video links for short videos related to each letter
- American Sign Language for each letter and one additional word that begins with that letter
- 2-5 library skills for each letter
- colors, names, months, sports, food, weather words, and/or career slides
- multiple animals that begin with the letter
- at least 2 idioms using the letter
- Would-You-Rather? and/or This or That? slides
- vocabulary word of the week
- fun facts, discussions, and trivia
- real photos or colorful clipart on every slide