- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
Nearly all terms for letter C use the at the beginning of the word (castle, caterpillar, cuttlefish, etc.). I specifically sounds for this presentation so that students can focus on hard C.
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 32-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of 15 recommended Letter C read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Introductory nursery rhyme (“Cock a Doodle Doo”) + links to 3 “C” song videos
- “C” and “caterpillar” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Slides for guided discussion of letter C names, colors, and foods
- Library Skills–C is for book cover, library card, and copyright date.
- Mystery animal with clues (crab)
- Facts about cactuses, crabs, cuttlefish, and C foods
- C weather and clothing
- Vocabulary word–“crabby”
- One “Would-You-Rather” and one “This or That” for letter C
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and colorful clipart for PK-1.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. Take advantage of the “First 48 Half-Off” by . Subscribing by email will give you notifications of when new products are posted.