- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 34-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of recommended Letter B read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Introductory song (“B-I-N-G-O”) + links to 3 “B” song videos
- “B” and “butterfly” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Slides for guided discussion of letter B names, colors, jobs, sports, animals, and foods
- Library Skill–B is for and
- Mystery animal with clues (beaver)
- Animal facts–brain sizes–includes pig, human, elephant, and whale brain sizes and intelligences
- Vocabulary word–“brawny”
- One “Would-You-Rather” and one “This or That” for letter B
- All slides are illustrated with and for PK-1.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. Take advantage of the “First 48 Half-Off” by . Subscribing by email will give you notifications of when new products are posted.