- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 34-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of recommended Letter T read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, tips (7 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Introductory songs (“A-Tisket, A-Tasket” and “A-Tisket, A-Tasket”)
- “T” and “turtle” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Slides for guided discussion of letter T names, colors, and sports
- Library Skills –T is for title and traditional stories.
- Letter T idioms – “time flies” and “money doesn’t grow on trees”
- Animal facts and photos–tiger, toucan, tapir, tarantula, T-Rex, triceratops
- Vocabulary word –“timid”
- Two “Would-You-Rathers” for letter T
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and clipart for PK-1.