I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted lettwhen I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 31-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of recommended Letter A read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Introductory song (“The Ants Go Marching”) + links to 3 “A” song videos
- “A” and “ant” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Slides for guided discussion of letter A names, colors, jobs
- Library Skill–A is for and
- Animal facts and photos–anaconda and antelope
- Vocabulary word–“antlers”–includes differences between horns and antlers
- Two “Would-You-Rathers” for letter A
- All slides are illustrated with and clipart for PK-1.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. Take advantage of the “First 48 Half-Off” by . Subscribing by email will give you notifications of when new products are posted.