My Digital Storytime presentations will save you so much time! I design them specifically for new elementary librarians, especially those who are on the Specials rotation and/or are simply busy parents who just do not have time to create detailed storytime lessons.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT and/or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to complement a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 34-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of recommended Letter E read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt (1 page PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Detailed prep and set up instructions (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Intro to storytime nursery rhymes (“Early to Bed, Early to Rise” and “Humpty Dumpty”)
- “E” and “elephant” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Slides for guided discussion of “E” animals, foods, colors, body parts, and names
- Library skills–E Book section (everybody books) and e-books (electronic books)
- Can you find eight E’s on these road signs?
- Animal facts about eagles, emus, eels, and spider eyes
- 2 letter E idioms–“eating one’s words” and “everything but the kitchen sink”
- Vocabulary word–“edible”–with examples of things that are edible or not edible
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and clipart for PK-1.