- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to complement a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 35-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of 15 recommended Letter O read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, tips (7 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Four nursery rhymes for Letter O
- Links to two Letter O videos (octopuses and opossums)
- “O” and “open” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Letter O names and colors
- October–Who has a birthday? What holidays in October?
- Library Skills–O is for online catalog, overdue, and origami (books)
- Mystery animal with clues (ostrich)
- Letter O foods–oranges, okra, olives, oatmeal, onions
- Letter O shapes–oval and octagon
- 2 Letter O idioms (“out of the blue” and “over the moon”)
- Vocabulary word–“odd”
- One “Would You Rather…?”
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and colorful clipart for PK-1.