Click here to see the full PDF preview.
Click here to see all the Alphabet Storytimes.
- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to complement a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 31-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of 15 recommended Letter Y read-alouds (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, tips (7 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- One song for Letter Y (“Yankee Doodle”)
- Links to three short Letter Y videos for kids
- “Y” and “yes” in American Sign Language (includes demo link and image)
- Letter Y names and colors
- Library Skills–Y is for yearbook and YA (young adult books)
- Clipart of five yoga poses that students can do in the library
- Letter Y animals–yak, yellow-eyed penguin, Yorkshire terrier
- Letter Y foods–yogurt
- Letter Y idioms (“young at heart” and “over yonder”)
- Vocabulary word–“yarn”
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and colorful clipart for PK-1.
There are no reviews yet.