- Recommended for: Grades 6-9
- Lesson Duration: about a month (100-150 minutes total for EACH of the seven lessons; can be shortened by removing some slides)
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides; PDF activities
- What’s editable: All text in all 7 presentations is editable.
- What’s NOT editable: PDF worksheets, answer keys, images in presentation
- 30+ slide presentation (Google and PPT, editable)
- 3 pages of activities to accompany the presentation
- answer keys
Geographical and political information can change quickly and without warning. Most information in the Central America Country Studies is unlikely to change frequently, but you never know!
I will update the information periodically, but you can edit the information in the presentation as needed.
Once you buy any resource in my store, all future updates are free. Just redownload the file from TPT to get the update.
Every Country Study in this bundle includes 3-4 printable activities:
- 1-page country at-a-glance fill-in activity
- 1-page crossword puzzle
- “What’s Your — IQ?”- trivia/research questions about each country
- answer keys for all activities
- Guatemala and Belize each include one additional activity (4 activities each)
- printable activities are
- total of 23 pages of activities
- country’s location on a map
- land and ocean borders
- capital city
- major landmarks (Panama Canal, El Mirador, Lake Nicaragua, etc.)
- economy – main exports and industries
- education – literacy rate, compulsory schooling
- healthcare – common mosquito-borne diseases; water sanitation, public vs. private healthcare
- landforms – volcanoes, mountains, waterfalls, cloud forests, national parks, coastlines, islands, lakes, rivers
- official and unofficial languages
- government & president (this part will change over time, but the slides are editable)
- problems and challenges – deforestation, drug trafficking, increasing poverty stressing social services, income inequality, crime, corruption, etc.
- country’s ranking on the Corruption Perceptions Index (most recent year = 2022)
- “Do you remember…?” questions – These are recall-style questions for reviewing periodically during the presentation.
- Discussion question slide at the end of the presentation asks students why they would or would not want to visit each country.
My Country Studies are great for homeschool! I used them with my homeschooled 7th and 9th grade boys just a few years ago. We studied a different country each week, and they loved them and learned a TON!