Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Belize Country Study.
Looking for more Country Studies? Find them all here!
- Recommended for: Grades 6-9
- Lesson Duration: 2-3 lessons (about 100-150 minutes total; can be shortened by removing some slides)
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides; PDF activities
- What’s editable: All text in the presentation is editable.
- What’s NOT editable: PDF worksheets, answer keys, images in presentation
Geographical and political information can change quickly and without warning. Most information in the Belize Country Study is unlikely to change frequently, but you never know! I will update the information periodically, but you can edit the information in the presentation as needed.
This Belize Country Study was last updated on March 29, 2023. Once you buy it, all future updates are free. Just redownload the file from TPT to get the update.
- PPT and Google Slides presentation about Belize
- 36 slides with information, maps, and full-color photos
- 4 printable PDF activities (4 pages, not editable)
- 1-page Belize at-a-glance fill-in activity
- Belize crossword
- “What’s Your Belize IQ?”- trivia/research questions
- Belize trip planner
- answer keys for all activities (5 pages)
- printable activities are
- Belize location on a map, land and ocean borders
- Belize flag
- What can you discern from this map of Belize? (students can identify rivers, country borders, major roads, capital city on the map)
- capital city (and former capital)
- history as a British colony / British Honduras
- why Belize is the only country in Central America with English as the official language
- indigenous groups
- economy – main exports
- education – literacy rate, compulsory schooling, barriers to access
- healthcare – common mosquito-borne diseases; access to public and private healthcare
- landforms – Great Blue Hole, caves, islands (cayes), cenotes
- things to do – Mayan archaelogical ruins, SCUBA diving, wildlife conservation areas, tubing in water caves
- official language
- government & president (as of March 2023 – this can be edited as needed)
- Belize problems – crime, trafficking, border dispute with Guatemala, introduction of non-native invasive species, looting of caving system
- Belize corruption on the Corruption Perceptions Index – not ranked since 2008, but includes estimate and reason why
- “Do you remember…?” questions – These are recall-style questions for reviewing periodically during the presentation.
- Discussion question slide at the end of the presentation asks students why they would or would not want to visit Belize.
My Country Studies are great for homeschool! I used them with my homeschooled 7th and 9th grade boys just a few years ago. We studied a different country each week, and they loved them and learned a TON!
- El Salvador Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Honduras Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Guatemala Country Study (Grades 6-9)
Prefer to shop on TPT? Find this Belize Country Study in the MrsReaderPants TPT store.
There are no reviews yet.