- Recommended for: Grades 6-9
- Lesson Duration: 2-3 lessons (about 100-150 minutes total; can be shortened by removing some slides)
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides; PDF activities
- What’s editable: All text in the presentation is editable.
- What’s NOT editable: PDF worksheets, answer keys, images in presentation
Geographical and political information can change quickly and without warning. Most information in the Costa Rica Country Study is unlikely to change frequently, but you never know! I will update the information periodically, but you can edit the information in the presentation as needed.
This Costa Rica Country Study was last updated on April 20, 2023. Once you buy it, all future updates are free. Just redownload the file from TPT to get the update.
- PPT and Google Slides presentation about Costa Rica
- 35 slides with full-color photos and maps
- 3 printable PDF activities (3 pages, not editable)
- all answer keys (4 pages, not editable)
- 1-page Costa Rica at-a-glance fill-in activity
- Costa Rica crossword
- “What’s Your Costa Rica IQ?”- trivia/research questions
- answer keys for all activities (4 pages)
- printable activities are not editable
- Costa Rica location on a map, land and ocean borders
- Costa Rica flag
- What can you discern from this map of Costa Rica? (students can identify country borders, water borders, and capital city on the map)
- capital city
- Costa Rica has no military
- biodiversity hotspot
- economy – stability; main exports and industries
- education – literacy rate, compulsory schooling, cost of university tuition
- healthcare – common mosquito-borne diseases; universal healthcare
- landforms – volcanoes, mountains, rivers, waterfalls, cloud forest, national parks, coastlines
- things to do
- official languages
- government & president (as of April 2023)
- Costa Rica today – deforestation, drug trafficking hub, increasing poverty stressing social services
- Costa Rica corruption on the Corruption Perceptions Index (most recent year = 2022)
- “Do you remember…?” questions – These are recall-style questions for reviewing periodically during the presentation.
- Discussion question slide at the end of the presentation asks students why they would or would not want to visit Costa Rica.
My Country Studies are great for homeschool! I used them with my homeschooled 7th and 9th grade boys just a few years ago. We studied a different country each week, and they loved them and learned a TON!
- El Salvador Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Nicaragua Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Honduras Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Guatemala Country Study (Grades 6-9)