- Recommended for: Grades 6-9
- Lesson Duration: 2-3 lessons (about 100-150 minutes total; can be shortened by removing some slides)
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides; PDF activities
- What’s editable: All text in the presentation is editable.
- What’s NOT editable: PDF worksheets, answer keys, images in presentation
Geographical and political information can change quickly and without warning. Most information in the Panama Country Study is unlikely to change frequently, but you never know! I will update the information periodically, but you can edit the information in the presentation as needed.
This Panama Country Study was last updated on July 2, 2023. Once you buy it, all future updates are free. Just redownload the file from TPT to get the update.
- PPT and Google Slides presentation about Panama
- 35 slides with full-color photos and maps
- 3 printable PDF activities (3 pages, not editable)
- all answer keys (4 pages, not editable)
- 1-page Panama at-a-glance fill-in activity
- Panama crossword
- “What’s Your Panama IQ?”- trivia/research questions
- answer keys for all activities (4 pages)
- printable activities are not editable
- Panama location on a map, land and ocean borders
- Panama flag
- What can you discern from this map of Panama? (students can identify country borders, water borders, islands, the Panama Canal, and capital city on the map)
- capital city
- the Panama Canal
- economy – among the fastest-growing Latin American economies; main exports and industries
- education – literacy rate, compulsory schooling, Panama education ranks below-average internationally.
- healthcare – common mosquito-borne diseases; water sanitation, public vs. private healthcare
- landforms – volcanoes, mountains, waterfalls, cloud forests, national parks, coastlines, Darien Gap, the Panama Canal
- official and unofficial languages
- government & president (as of July 2023)
- Panama problems today – deforestation, drug trafficking, increasing poverty stressing social services, income inequality, crime
- Panama corruption on the Corruption Perceptions Index (most recent year = 2022)
- “Do you remember…?” questions – These are recall-style questions for reviewing periodically during the presentation.
- Discussion question slide at the end of the presentation asks students why they would or would not want to visit Panama.
My Country Studies are great for homeschool! I used them with my homeschooled 7th and 9th grade boys just a few years ago. We studied a different country each week, and they loved them and learned a TON!
- Full Central America BUNDLE (Grades 6-9)
- El Salvador Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Honduras Country Study (Grades 6-9)