Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Nicaragua Country Study.
Looking for more Country Studies? Find them all here!
- Recommended for: Grades 6-9
- Lesson Duration: 2-3 lessons (about 100-150 minutes total; can be shortened by removing some slides)
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides; PDF activities
- What’s editable: All text in the presentation is editable.
- What’s NOT editable: PDF worksheets, answer keys, images in presentation
Geographical and political information can change quickly and without warning. Most information in the Nicaragua Country Study is unlikely to change frequently, but you never know! I will update the information periodically, but you can edit the information in the presentation as needed.
This Nicaragua Country Study was last updated on April 7, 2023. Once you buy it, all future updates are free. Just redownload the file from TPT to get the update.
- PPT and Google Slides presentation about Nicaragua
- 38 slides with full-color photos and maps
- 3 printable PDF activities (3 pages, not editable)
- all answer keys (4 pages, not editable)
- 1-page Nicaragua at-a-glance fill-in activity
- Nicaragua crossword
- “What’s Your Nicaragua IQ?”- trivia/research questions
- answer keys for all activities (4 pages)
- printable activities are not editable
- Nicaragua location on a map, land and ocean borders
- Nicaragua flag
- What can you discern from this map of Nicaragua? (students can identify rivers, country borders, major roads, capital city on the map)
- capital city
- economy – main exports
- education – literacy rate, compulsory schooling, barriers to access
- healthcare – common mosquito-borne diseases; access to care
- landforms – volcanoes, mountains, lakes, coastlines
- things to do
- official languages
- government & president (as of April 2023)
- Nicaragua today – repressive Sandinista government; problems and challenges
- Nicaragua corruption on the Corruption Perceptions Index (most recent year = 2022)
- “Do you remember…?” questions – These are recall-style questions for reviewing periodically during the presentation.
- Discussion question slide at the end of the presentation asks students why they would or would not want to visit Nicaragua.
My Country Studies are great for homeschool! I used them with my homeschooled 7th and 9th grade boys just a few years ago. We studied a different country each week, and they loved them and learned a TON!
- El Salvador Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Belize Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Honduras Country Study (Grades 6-9)
- Guatemala Country Study (Grades 6-9)
There are no reviews yet.