This product is a . Many elementary librarians are purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. I’ve covered all grades here, from K-6.
See a demo of one of my Digital Storytimes here. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students December holiday traditions is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use. , which are great to preface a December holiday-themed read-aloud. that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for K-6 books about Christmas and other December holidays. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- (“Jingle Bells”)
- slide and how-to link (“holiday”)
- of: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Pancha Ganapati, Boxing Day, and Las Posadas traditions
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6. I took great care to include clipart of
- for Grades K-6
- Includes facts and definitions about including: shammash, menorah, 8 days of Hanukkah, eggnog, artificial vs. real Christmas trees, snowy climates, world’s tallest Christmas tree, Epiphany/Three Kings Day, La Befana, King’s Cake, mistletoe, and “ugly” holiday sweaters.
- finish the Christmas carol lyric (5 slides)
- 16 visual ; most are picture books, but some are for older readers. Includes 3 fiction novels and 2 nonfiction titles for upper-elementary readers.
- 6 “Did you Know” slides
- 1 True/False slide with answer (2 slides)
- “Would you rather?” (2 slides)
- “This or That?” (1 slide)
- 1 world record
- 3 trivia questions with answers
- 1 kid-friendly Christmas joke
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays