- Recommended for: Grades K-5
- Formats: PowerPoint OR Google Slides; PDF
- Lesson Duration: about 90 minutes total (2-3 library lessons)
- Editable: YES, text is editable for all except the December Holidays Activities Booklet, which is NOT editable
- (Grades 2-5) – This celebrates major and minor December holidays and celebrations; includes printables
- (Grades K-5) – This is a more in-depth look at Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, and other December holiday celebrations. Includes printables.
- (Grades 1-4) – This is a printable PDF of December holiday-themed activities. Includes color by number, mazes, word searches, and more. .
- (all grade levels) – Includes 19 full-color posters (not editable) and 40 read-alike bookmarks (editable).
The includes two parts. The first part is a whole-group discussion activity. It includes a song, sign language, and group discussion of several December holidays. This first part is designed to be librarian- or teacher-led.
The second part of the Library Lesson is a Digital Bulletin Board about December Holidays. This comes with a scavenger hunt activity that goes with the slideshow.
You will need to set up automatic slide timers (instructions included). This is an independent activity designed to keep students busy during library checkout time.
The is a longer scrolling slideshow. It also includes a scavenger hunt activity. The librarian or teacher can certainly use some slides as a lesson, but it does not have two separate parts like the Library Lesson does.
The Digital Bulletin Board is also designed as an independent library activity. It helps keeps students entertained so the librarian can deal with book checkout!
Nope! While some information may be similar, no two slides or pages are the same in these library lessons. They are very different from one another.