It’s about 10 minutes long, but it shows all major parts of the MS/HS version. I also talk about how I’ve used it in my own libraries.
It’s 15 minutes long and shows all major pieces of the product. It also includes tips and tricks I used when my own elementary students took the quiz.
- Recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Number of pages: 114
- Technology Requirements: computer + projector + screen, copier, paper, Google Classroom if digital
- Student supplies: pen or pencil + one piece of paper OR printable quiz
- Lesson Duration: 2 lessons of 35-45 minutes each (you could skip 2-3 questions if you have less time)
- — Walks students through questions about their own personalities, likes, dislikes, and preferences. Includes scoring directions and all 12 Genre Personality profiles. No prep is needed other than printing the quiz for students to follow along, if desired. Many slides are illustrated in color. Includes full directions for teacher and students. The Google Slides version is interactive. (36 PPT and Google Slides, all quiz answers are editable)
- –Students can write their answers on the printable as they take the PPT quiz. Includes 3-page quiz and 1-page “My Genre Personality” Reflections sheet. (4-PDF and Google Slides version; editable in PDF; the Reflections Sheet also includes a Google Forms version)
- — One side is the Genre Personality description; the other side is a list of recommended book titles; sorted by age group (early elementary and upper-elementary). All the bookmarks are fully editable with PowerPoint. PDF is of each is also included. (36 pages, editable)
- — This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes color illustrations. All suggested book titles are editable, so you can make the recommendations fit your library. Includes K-3 and 3-6 Profiles (24 pages, book titles are editable)
- –Detailed, step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, and after Day 2. Includes digital and face-to-face lesson plans. (9 pages, not editable)
- –Four cards per page. These will tell students what their Personalities are based on their answers. (1 page, not editable)
- –These are great to hand out to students and parents who want a small copy of their Genre Personality Profile (4 pages, not editable)
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill-Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Bestie
- The Hero
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist
- Right now, you would rather be…
- You read because…
- You love movies that…
- Pick a career…
- Choose a place…
- You’d like to meet…
- Which sounds interesting…
- Pick a pet…
- Pick some clothes…
- What’s in your backpack?
- Which emoji best represents you?
Each genre personality is described on its own slide at the end if the PowerPoint. If you are using the printable quiz, you will need to give students the answer cards so they can determine their genre personality.