Want a closer look? Click here to see a detailed PDF preview of the Secondary Reading Genre Personality Test. There are many more features not seen in the thumbnails.
. It’s about 10 minutes long, but I show all parts of the product and talk about how I use it in my library.
- Recommended for: Grades 6+ (elementary version is also available)
- Lesson Duration: 2-3 library lessons of 40-45 minutes each
- Number of pages: 114
- Formats: PowerPoint OR Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, most text is editable. Genre Personality descriptions and Pet Peeves are not editable.
- Technology requirements: computer + projector + screen or wall (to use the PowerPoint), copier, paper, Google Classroom (optional)
- Student supplies: pen or pencil + one piece of paper or printable quiz
What’s Your Genre Personality Test Presentation
- 28 PowerPoint or Google Slides (you need only one)
- This is the actual reading personality test. It’s a presentation that walks students through questions about their own personalities, likes, dislikes, and preferences.
- Reading Personality test presentation includes scoring directions and all 12 Genre Personality profiles. in the last half of the presentation.
- Multiple genre recommendations are given for each Genre Personality. Because libraries have different genre sections, you can edit the recommended genres in all parts of this product. Make it work for your library!
- It’s all ready to go! No prep is needed other than printing the quiz for students to follow along, if desired.
- Includes full directions for teacher and students.
- All questions and answers are editable.
- Genre Personality Profile descriptions and pet peeves are not editable. Recommended genres are editable.
Printable Reading Genre Personality Test
- Students can follow along with the presentation and write their answers on the printable test.
- Includes 3-page test and 1-page “My Genre Personality” Reflections sheet.
- 4 pages total
- Editable in PDF, PowerPoint, and Google Slides formats.
“My Genre Personality” Google Form
- After determining their Genre Personalities (most students will have more than one Reading Genre Personality), students fill out this Google Form.
- Alternative to page 4 of the Printable Test.
- This is a great way for librarians and teachers to see student results and whether students think they are accurate for their personalities.
- I love this because I have all the students’ Genre Personalities in a digital format.
24 Recommended Reads Bookmarks
- Side 1 is the Genre Personality description, pet peeves, and recommended genres.
- side 2 is a list of recommended book titles for each Genre Personality, sorted by age group (either middle school or high school and beyond)
- The Recommended Reads bookmarks include approximately 18-25 recommended reads EACH for middle school and for high school.
- All the titles and recommended genres are editable in PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF formats.
- Reading Genre Personality descriptions and not editable except for genres recommended.
- 24 pages
Full-Page Reading Genre Personality Profiles
- This is a larger version of the bookmarks, but it also includes the silhouette illustrations for each Personality.
- All suggested book titles and genres are editable, so you can make the recommendations fit your library.
- Includes MS and HS + adult Profiles
- Formats include PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF
- 24 pages
- Detailed, step-by-step instructions for prep, Day 1, Day 2, and after Day 2.
- Includes digital and face-to-face lesson plans.
- 9 pages, PDF only, not editable
Reading Genre Personality Description Cards
- These are great to hand out to students, teachers, and parents who want a small copy of their Reading Genre Personality Profile
- includes Answer Key (these can help students determine Genre Personality at-a-glance after the quiz
- 4 Personalities per page (you’ll need to slice the copies into fourths)
- 4 pages total; only recommended genres are editable
- The Questioner
- The Escapist
- The Innovator
- The Realist
- The Erudite
- The Thrill-Seeker
- The Comedian
- The Amigue
- The Activist
- The Artist
- The Sports Fan
- The Naturalist