Click here to see the full PDF preview of this lesson.
Click here to see all my folklore lessons for libraries.
My Digital Library Lessons will save you so much time! I design them specifically for new elementary librarians, especially those who are on the Specials rotation and/or are simply busy parents who just do not have time to create detailed storytime lessons.
- Recommended for: Grades 2-4; created for school libraries, but it works for classrooms, too!
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons, total of about 50 minutes
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- 31-slide PPT and Google Slides presentation (editable)
- List of recommended Johnny Appleseed books (1 page PDF, editable)
- Scavenger Hunt + Answer Key (2 pages PDF)
- Lesson Plan, aligned to CCSS, TEKS, and AASL (2 pages, PDF and PPT, editable)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- 15 slides tell the story of Johnny Appleseed, from birth to death to legacy.
- You can follow the presentation with a read-aloud, but it is not necessary. Students will learn all they need to know about Johnny Appleseed from this lesson.
- 16 slides can be moved into the Part I Whole Class Lesson or scrolled during checkout or library activities
- includes facts about apples, vegetarianism, and Johnny Appleseed’s legacy
- vocabulary word: (as in “Johnny Appleseed’s clothes were threadbare.”)
- Other terms: nomadic, apprentice, nursery
- Includes mix of colorful clipart and real photos. Every slide meant for students to see includes either a photo or an illustration.
- Scavenger Hunt coloring page with Johnny Appleseed trivia questions (all information available in the presentation)
- Answer Key for the Scavenger Hunt trivia questions
- Recommended Reads for Johnny Appleseed stories and read-alikes (editable)
- Lesson Plan aligned with TEKS, AASL, and CCSS standards (editable)
There are no reviews yet.