Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Veterans Day Digital Bulletin Board.
: This Veterans Day Digital Bulletin Board is . I mention Remembrance Day in a few slides, but the majority of this presentation is about the US military, US national monuments, and US history.
- Recommended for: Grades 7-12
- Formats: PDF; Google Slides or PPT
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- Number of student slides: 47
- Duration of slideshow: If automatic timings for each slide are set to 45 seconds, the scrolling show will last about 35 minutes.
- 47 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads list (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers and students)
- Basic Google Classroom directions
- How to set PPT slide timings directions
- weekly agenda and weekly schedule (can be for library or school announcements)
- Why is Veterans Day on November 11?
- How are Veterans Day and Memorial Day different?
- What are some ways we can honor our veterans?
- Why was Veterans Day once called Armistice Day, and why did it change?
- sacrifices of military service people (focuses on daily sacrifices, not wartime sacrifices)
- Why do people join the military? (benefits of service)
- Spotlight on veterans who work at our school (you fill these in; includes two slide templates)
- Discussion question: Should military service be a prerequisite for US presidency?
- number of US presidents who have served in the military
- apostrophe use in “Veterans Day”
- What is Remembrance Day?
- What are V-E and V-J Days?
- Who were the Tuskegee Airmen?
- Word of the Week: ballistics
- Rosie the Riveter
- US memorials – Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Marine Corps Veterans Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, USS Constitution, Pearl Harbor, USS Arizona
- 2 Would-You-Rathers
- 5 Did you know…
- 2 trivia questions and answers
- 2 true or false questions with answers
- Happy birthday to… (add your student and faculty birthdays)
There are no reviews yet.