Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Texas Library Lesson.
- Recommended for: Grades 2-5
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 40-slide PPT + Google™ Slides library lesson presentation
- List of 16 recommended Texas-themed read-alouds (1 page, PDF and PPT)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Answer Key for Scavenger Hunt (1 page, PDF and PPT)
- Prep, set up, tips (6 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- sign language: “Texas” and “T-E-X-A-S”
- Texas on a map of the US
- what is Texas known for?
- Texas state flower (bluebonnet)
- Texas state bird (northern mockingbird)
- brief information on The Alamo
- longhorn cattle
- Texas state flag
- capital city (Austin) + other major cities
- Mystery animal (armadillo)
- information about armadillos
- Fort Worth Stockyards (cattle drive)
- Word of the Week: and
- Austin is the live music capital of the world
- Dinosaur Valley State Park (Glen Rose)
- Library review: Where are nonfiction dinosaur books located in the library (Dewey section)?
- Texas horned lizard
- 1900 Galveston Hurricane
- hottest temperature ever recorded in Texas (when and where)
- How long would it take to drive across the entire state of Texas?
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and colorful clipart for Grades 2-5.
There are no reviews yet.