This product is a . Many elementary librarians have been purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. .
. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about Ruby Bridges and school desegregation is included here. You only need to add your school’s information to a couple of slides (weekly agenda, birthdays) and a read-aloud of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for high-quality, interesting books related to Ruby Bridges, Jim Crow Laws, and desegregation. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- slide and how-to link (“school”)
- a of school desegregation and Brown v. The Board of Education of Topeka
- on Ruby Bridges and how she made history at age six
- Every slide in the presentation is illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
- for Grades K-6
- Additional biographical information about Ruby Brides
- Additional details about Jim Crow Laws and desegregation–includes facts and trivia questions
- 14 visual ; includes picture books, fiction novels, and nonfiction/biographies.
- Library review information (differences between biography, autobiography, and memoir; includes examples)
- “Did you Knows”
- “Would you rathers?” and “This or Thats?” (not related to Ruby Bridges or desegregation due to the sensitive nature of this topic)
- Vocabulary words: and
- This week’s birthdays, weekly and daily agenda slides