This product is a . Many elementary librarians have been purchasing both the Digital Storytimes and Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. .
. (YouTube link)
This K-6 library lesson will save you so much time! Everything you need to teach elementary students about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is included here. You just add the read-aloud(s) of your choice.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- –all text is ; you choose which slides you want to use.
- that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- All in the presentation are also listed on a separate “Recommended Reads” list. The list is great to hand out to parents, teachers, and students looking for high-quality, interesting books about Martin Luther King and the Civil Rights Movement in the USA. All titles were selected specifically for Grades K-6 and received positive professional reviews for use with Grades K-6.
- of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for (2 pages, PDF)
- and lesson plan (2 pages)
- slide and how-to link (“equal/fair”)
- a guided discussion of the concept of equality
- guided discussion of why some laws are unfair and what can be done when we disagree with laws
- about Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Every slide in the presentation is , high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
DIGITAL BULLETIN BOARD SLIDES INCLUDE:
- for Grades K-6
- 14 visual booktalks; includes picture books, fiction novels, nonfiction/biographies, and poetry.
- “Did you Knows”
- True/False question with answer
- 2 “Would you rathers?” and 1 “This or That?” (do not relate to Martin Luther King or civil rights)
- trivia questions with answers
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays