Recommended for: Grades 7-12
Number of pages: 63
Editable: Yes, all text is editable
Formats: PPT, Google Slides, and PDF
- 62 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers, students, and parents)
- directions for how to set scrolling slide timings
- All text is editable in PPT and Google™ Drive. Images have been flattened to protect the copyright.
- Scroll the presentation using automatic timings (instructions included).
- This presentation can be used as a communication device, a library booktalk, and/or library lesson.
- All slides are in 16:9 landscape orientation
- Quick facts about Asia: size, countries
- What is the only Asian country that is entirely in the southern hemisphere?
- Why do some countries split?
- Differences between North Korea and South Korea
- Asian foods–kimchi, samosas, hummus, borscht
- Can the Great Wall of China be seen from space?
- What’s interesting about garbage pick-up in Taiwan?
- When did Hawaii become a US state?
- Facts about Hawaii, Russia, and The Philippines
- Anti-Japanese sentiment during WWII
- Pearl Harbor
- Japanese internment
- 17 book recommendations for Grades 7-12 (17 slides)–all titles relate to Asia; multiple genres and formats
- Words of the Week: naturalization and immigrants
- trivia questions with answers
- facts and trivia questions/answers
- Daily and weekly schedule
- Weekly Birthdays