Recommended for: Grades 7-12
Number of pages: 63
Editable: Yes, all text is editable
Formats: PPT, Google Slides, and PDF
- 62 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers, students, and parents)
- directions for how to set scrolling slide timings
- All text is editable in PPT and Google™ Drive. Images have been flattened to protect the copyright.
- Scroll the presentation using automatic timings (instructions included).
- This presentation can be used as a communication device, a library booktalk, and/or library lesson.
- All slides are in 16:9 landscape orientation
- teen summer reading statistics
- where to get books and audiobooks over the summer
- 4 benefits of summer reading
- audiobooks for car trips
- cause of motion sickness and 7 tips to help
- facts about sandcastles, ice cream, hurricanes, Hurricane Katrina, mosquitos, “Land of the Midnight Sun,” sunscreen, and lighthouses
- how to make a smoothie
- how to make s’mores at home
- difference between typhoon, hurricane, and tropical cyclone
- urinating in the ocean–yay or nay?
- 13 book recommendations for Grades 7-12 (13 slides)–all titles relate to summer; all are fiction and graphic novels selected for diversity, mix of male and female protagonists, positive professional reviews, and recent release dates.
- Words of the Week: SPF (sun protection factor)
- trivia questions with answers
- facts and trivia questions/answers
- Daily and weekly schedule
- Weekly Birthdays