- Secondary school librarians who want to introduce audiobooks to students and/or teachers
- Middle and high school English teachers looking to promote audiobook reading
- Recommended for: Grades 7-12
- Lesson Duration: 45 minutes
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- 15-slide PPT + Google™ Slides presentation (editable)
- 8 discussion cards (2 pages, editable)
- 8 full-size discussion questions. The questions are the same as on the cards. (8 pages, editable)
- Template to write your own discussion questions (2 pages editable)
- Pre-filled lesson plan template for this activity–Lesson Plan includes AASL, CCSS, and TEKS standards (2 pages, editable)
- Every slide in the presentation includes a full-color photo and is designed to be uncluttered and visually-appealing.
- Are audiobooks real reading?
- Student experiences with audiobook reading, likes and dislikes
- Do teachers allow you to read audiobooks for assignments?
- Brief summary of a 2016 research study about audiobooks vs. e-book reading–citation provided.
- Benefits of audiobooks
- Who are audiobooks for?
- Where to find free audiobooks
- Audiobooks in our school library (edit to suit your school library)