- Recommended for: Grades K-5
- Lesson Duration: no lesson is needed–this can be sent home as a packet with little or no instruction for students.
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- Number of student pages: 18
To use this Summer Reading Bingo Game, you will need only of the following:
- Google Classroom
- ability to edit and print PDF documents
- ability to open and edit documents in PowerPoint
- 3 pages of Summer Reading Bingo cards with pictures-only
- 3 pages of Summer Reading Bingo cards with pictures + text
- 6 curated reading lists
- Parent Tips for Summer Reading Bingo
- “Why Summer Reading?” + list of places to find books to read in the summer
- 2 reading log pages
- “The Best Book I Read This Summer” reflection sheet
- “The Worst Book I Read This Summer” reflection sheet
- total of 18 pages
Yes! The Summer Reading Bingo squares focus on reading tasks or environments rather than specific book titles. That means students can read whatever books they have access to, at any reading level.
The squares are all activities that virtually all students can participate in during the summer. All squares are editable, so if you feel your student population may struggle with a particular task, you can easily change it to something they are able to do.
- Read with a friend
- Read in a box, laundry basket, or closet
- Listen to an author read-aloud online
- Have a reading picnic
- Read while stretching your muscles
As the school year winds down, parents frequently request “summer reading lists” from the school, librarian, or teachers. These six lists are completely done for you–just hit print! I’ve included one list per grade level, Grades K-6.
- were selected by an experienced, fully-certified school librarian
- received multiple, positive professional reviews
- are age-appropriate for the grade levels recommended
- are up-to-date (though keep in mind that books can go out-of-print without notice)