Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Oceans Trivia Game.
Save 20% when you buy the entire PPT Trivia Games bundle!
- This game is NOT compatible with Google Slides, Open Office, Libre Office, or other software that is not PowerPoint 2016 or later. The game board dollar amounts are trigger animation links, which do not tend to work outside PowerPoint. The trigger animation links are important to game play.
- For best results, your PowerPoint version should be at least 2016 or later. Earlier versions of PPT may not support the trigger animation links.
Not sure of your PPT version or want to test it? You can test the game by This is a shortened version of the Thanksgiving Trivia Game. If it plays properly in the preview version, then this game is also is compatible with your computer.
- Recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Teaching time: 1-2 class periods (total of about 50 minutes)
- Total number of slides/pages: 54
- Editable: YES, all text is editable in PPT
- Illustrated: YES, all slides contain real photos
- PowerPoint (2016 or later is best)
- Large screen TV or projector with screen–students need to be able to see the game slides from their desks.
- I cannot emphasize enough that this is a PowerPoint game. It is not compatible with other software.
No prep necessary! This Oceans Trivia Game is ready to go out of the box.
This Oceans Trivia Game can be played for Earth Day (April 22), World Oceans Day (June 8), or anytime you want to teach topics related to oceans or conservation.
- PowerPoint game
- directions for game play (1 PDF page)
- Curious where I got my information? All research sources are cited in the Notes section of each answer slide.
- Research includes only reputable science sources, such as NOAA, the EPA, National Geographic, NASA, etc.
- Since climate science changes quickly, I include free updates with this game every 2-3 years.
- Every question and answer slide contains real photos. No clipart!
- All photos are public domain. Links to photo sources are included in the Notes section of each slide.
- Easy-to-follow suggested play (this is how I play the game with my students)
- Once a dollar amount is selected, it disappears from the game board.
- Restart the game to reset the game board.
Ocean and Conservation Vocabulary words
- radial symmetry
- coral bleaching
- sea ice
Ocean and Conservation Concepts
- volcanic sand
- cast of crabs
- algae bloom
- Deepwater Horizon
- Pacific Garbage Patch
- population of earth
- protecting coral reefs
- names of the five oceans
- Mariana Trench
- Challenger Deep
- Panama Canal
- world’s largest, smallest, deepest
- plural of octopus
- Endangered Animals Library Lesson (Grades 3-6)
- Endangered Animals Presentation + Research Activity (Grades 4-7)
- The Science of Spring Digital Bulletin Board (Grades 3-6)
There are no reviews yet.