1My Digital Library Lessons will save you so much time! I design them specifically for new elementary librarians, especially those who are on the Specials rotation and/or are simply busy parents who just do not have time to create detailed storytime lessons.
- Recommended for: Grades 2-4; created for school libraries, but it definitely works for classrooms, too!
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons, total of about 50 minutes
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to complement a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 32-slide PPT and Google Slides presentation (editable)
- List of recommended Paul Bunyan read-alouds (1 page PDF, editable)
- Scavenger Hunt (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- 13 slides set up your Paul Bunyan read-aloud. This section gives students some background knowledge on tall tales, Paul Bunyan, and Babe the Blue Ox.
- Remember! The read-aloud is not provided in this lesson. I cannot do this due to copyright restrictions.
- 15 slides can be moved into the Part I Whole Class Lesson or scrolled during checkout or library activities
- includes fun facts and trivia about Paul Bunyan and Babe
- 2 Paul Bunyan-related Would-You-Rathers
- vocabulary word: hyperbole
- library skills: 398.2 section
- Includes mix of colorful clipart and real photos of oxen and Paul Bunyan statues around the USA.
- Scavenger Hunt coloring page with Paul Bunyan trivia questions (all information available in the presentation)
- Answer Key for the Scavenger Hunt trivia questions
- Recommended Reads for Paul Bunyan stories (editable)
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers to my store. Take advantage of the “First 48 Half-Off” by . Subscribing by email will give you notifications of when new products are posted.