Recommended for: Grades 7-12
Number of pages: 61
Editable: Yes, all text is editable
Formats: PPT, Google Slides, and PDF
- 60 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers, students, and parents)
- printable directions for librarians and teachers
- All text is editable in PPT and Google™ Drive. Images have been flattened to protect the copyright.
- Scroll the presentation using automatic timings (instructions included).
- This presentation can be used as a communication device, a library booktalk, and/or library lesson.
- All slides are in 11″ X 8.5″ letter-size (landscape), which allows for easy printing, if desired.
- how many Muslims are in the world
- what is Ramadan
- what is fasting
- who does and does not fast for Ramadan
- breaking the fast with dates
- iftar and suhoor
- Ramadan beyond fasting
- Eid al-Fitr
- three mosques around the world
- Ramadan etiquette for non-Muslims (what to do and not to do)
- how to wish a friend a “Happy Ramadan”
- the call to prayer
- wearing hijab
- Cave of Hira
- hajj pilgrimage
- 16 book recommendations for Grades 7-12 (16 slides)–all titles feature Muslim protagonists
- Words of the Week: fasting and pilgrimage
- Islam trivia questions with answers
- Did you knows
- Daily and weekly schedule
- Weekly Birthdays