My Digital Library Lessons will save you so much time! I design them specifically for new elementary librarians, especially those who are on the Specials rotation and/or are simply busy parents who just do not have time to create detailed storytime lessons.
- Recommended for: Grades 2-4; created for school libraries, but it works for classrooms, too!
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons, total of about 50 minutes
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- 34-slide PPT and Google Slides presentation (editable)
- List of recommended Davy Crockett books and read-alikes (1 page PDF, editable)
- Scavenger Hunt + Answer Key (2 pages PDF)
- Lesson plan, includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards, pre-filled for this lesson but also 100% editable (2 pages, PDF)
- Prep, set up, and tips (7 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- 17 slides tell the story of the real-life David Crockett, from birth to death.
- Includes childhood, family life, schooling, political career, description of The Battle of the Alamo, and David’s death at the Alamo.
- You can follow the presentation with a read-aloud, but it is not necessary. Students will learn all they need to know about David Crockett from this lesson.
- This section focuses on the tall tale character of Davy Crockett
- 15 slides can be moved into the Part I Whole Class Lesson or scrolled during checkout or library activities
- includes facts and trivia questions about Davy Crockett and Sally Ann Thunder Ann Whirlwind Crockett
- vocabulary word: frontier
- Includes mix of colorful clipart and real photos. Every slide meant for students to see includes either a photo or an illustration.
THIS DAVY CROCKETT TALL TALE LESSON INCLUDES THESE PRINTABLES:
- Scavenger Hunt coloring page with Davy Crockett trivia questions (all information available in the presentation)
- Answer Key for the Scavenger Hunt trivia questions
- Recommended Reads for Davy Crockett stories and read-alikes (editable)