**Updated on Jan. 25, 2021 to include newly-announced 2021 Youth Media Award winners! If you previously purchased this resource, you can login to your account, click on MY DOWNLOADS, and re-download it to get the update.
This product into one large presentation. Many secondary librarians have been purchasing both the middle school and high school versions of my Digital Bulletin Boards for each weekly theme. Combining them into one product saves you money and time. I’ve covered all secondary grade levels here, from 6-12.
: Google™ Slides OR PowerPoint; ability to open PDF documents
- 65 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (4 pages, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers, students, and parents)
- Basic Google Classroom directions
- How to set PPT slide timings directions
- All text is in PPT and Google™ Drive. Images have been flattened to protect the copyright.
- Scroll the presentation using automatic timings.
- This presentation can be used as a communication device, a library booktalk, and/or library lesson.
- All slides are in 11″ X 8.5″ letter-size (landscape), which allows for easy printing, if desired.
- Facts and information about six of the ALA Youth Media Awards: Printz, Coretta Scott King, Newbery, Pura Belpre, Odyssey, and Sibert
- award namesakes, criteria, date established, winners vs. honors, and 3-5 examples of winners and honors for each award.
- for Grades 6-12 (33 slides)–I made sure to balance recommended titles evenly between middle and high school interest levels.
- Words of the Week: and
- Would You Rathers
- facts and trivia, Did You Knows
- Daily and weekly schedule
- Weekly Birthdays