Click here to see the full PDF preview of these two Zombie Dewey Decimal System Activities.
- Recommended for: Grades 5-8
- Lesson Duration: 2 lessons of about 30 minutes each (total 60 minutes)
- Formats: PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF
- Editable: YES, text is editable
Teach Dewey Decimals from scratch with the two library lessons in this resource. Both make a great Halloween alternative for middle school library classes.
helps you teach Dewey Decimal System basics. This part takes about 20-25 minutes to present. It is a straightforward explanation of Dewey Decimal System history, hundreds classifications, subclassifications, and call numbers.
is a Dewey Decimal System story that students LOVE! It imagines that two years ago, the world was overrun by flesh-eating zombies! This story takes about 40 minutes to present and really does help students understand and remember Dewey classifications.
The Zombie Dewey Decimal System story is a great alternative to the popular Caveman Dewey Lesson, which is free online but better for younger students.
The main character in this story (that’s “you”–it’s narrated in second person) has managed to survive two years, but alone and without any creature comforts.
The story walks students though the ten main Dewey classifications as the world gets “back to normal” after the zombie apocalypse.
- 36-slide presentation in two parts: Part I helps you teach Dewey Decimal System basics; Part II is a Zombie Apocalypse story that will help students remember the 10 Dewey Decimal System “hundreds” sections.
- Zombie-themed Dewey Decimal System practice worksheet + answer key (2 pages)
- Zombie-themed Dewey Decimal System reference signs (3 pages)
- Zombie readalikes bookmarks (4 pages)
- Three editable formats for each part: PowerPoint, Google Slides, and PDF
More Dewey Decimal System Activities
- Dewey Decimal System “Design a Zoo” Activity (Grades 3-6)
- Dewey Decimal System Activity – Zombie Dice Game (Grades 5-8)
- Zombie Dewey Bundle (this activity + the Zombie Dice Game listed above)
- Dewey Decimal System Photo Project (Grades 5-8)
There are no reviews yet.