Click here to see the full PDF preview of this Purple Color Library Storytime.
Looking for more? Check out all my Color Library Storytime Lessons here.
My Library Storytime Lessons are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- new PreK-Grade 1 elementary librarians
- PreK-Grade 1 librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents and/or library grad students who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
- Recommended for: Grades PK-1
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 40-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of purple color-themed Recommended Reads (1 page PDF)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page PDF)
- Prep, set up, detailed lesson plan (7 pages, PDF)
- Detailed, pre-filled, editable lesson plan; includes CC, TEKS, and AASL Standards (2 pages, PDF and PPT)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Oral review of ABC order using three purple items; explains ABC order if this is a new concept for students
- English folk song (“Lavender’s Blue”)
- Links to five short purple color-themed videos for kids
- “Purple” and “octopus” in American Sign Language (includes demo links)
- “Purple” in four languages (French, Spanish, Danish, Kurdish)
- identifying purple objects around the school
- Who is wearing purple today?
- 5 shades of purple
- red + blue = purple
- purple first names
- words that rhyme (and do not rhyme) with plum
- counting / clapping syllables in “purple” and “egglant”
- library books with purple covers – you add your own
- purple flowers and animals (special emphasis on octopuses)
- Word of the Week: “amethyst”
- purple idiom: “born to the purple” (born to a royal family)
- One “This or That” for the color purple
- purple flowers
- All slides are illustrated with real photos and clipart for PK-1.
- Includes blackline clipart from Part II of the presentation (the scrolling slideshow).
- Students can color the images from the scrolling slideshow.
- All images are labeled with the names of each object.
- Includes picture books and nonfiction for PreK-Grade 1.
- All titles are purple-themed!
- total of 18 titles
- includes small images from the presentation
- titles are , so you can customize the books included for your library
- All titles were hand-selected by a veteran school librarian for quality, diversity, positive professional reviews, and currency.