This game is intended to review poetry terms with secondary students. If you need to teach the terms, check out my Poetry Terms PowerPoint and Packet, which covers all the poetry devices in this game by pairing classic poems with contemporary music.
THIS PRODUCT INCLUDES
- 53-slide PowerPoint game
- printable quiz + answer key (3 pages each)
- “How to Play” instructions (1 page)
- 53 editable slides (text is editable; graphics can be deleted, but not altered or resized)
- Includes two font versions (true-text and KG Fonts)
- Includes 25 questions in five categories
- Once a dollar amount is selected, it disappears from the game board.
- Restart the game to reset the game board.
- About the printable questions + answer key
- Editable in PowerPoint; also includes non-editable PDF version
PRINTABLE QUESTIONS AND ANSWER KEY:
- The printable questions may help students who cannot see the slides from their seat.
- Teams could also use the printable questions to take notes or keep score.
- The printable questions could also be used as a poetry terms test at the end of the unit.
- The answer key gives teachers the ability to see the answers before they are shown to students (you could give hints about the answers before showing the answer slides).
“HOW TO PLAY” INSTRUCTIONS:
- Easy-to-follow suggested play (this is how I play it with my students)
- This game includes questions about all of these poetry terms and devices: rhyme scheme, internal rhyme, end rhyme, sonnet, lines, figurative language, imagery, personification, onomatopoeia, hyperbole, simile, alliteration, sonnet, Shakespearean sonnet, couplet, heroic couplet, iambic pentameter, foot, meter, connotation, denotation, tone, mood, and theme.