Click here to see the full PDF preview of these Haiku Writing Templates.
Want to see them in action? Read about how I hosted a Haiku Writing Contest with my Grade 2-6 students.
These no-prep Haiku Writing Templates will have students writing poetry in no time! The set includes 10 lined and 10 unlined haiku templates in cute animal and nature shapes. Color, cut, and display for National Poetry Month in April. Includes PDF and Google Slides versions.
- Recommended for: Grades 3-6
- Lesson Duration: about 45-50 minutes
- Formats: PDF and Google Slides (you only need one)
- Editable: no
- copy of haiku writing templates (some students may want to write more haiku, so be sure to have extra copies of different haiku shapes on hand).
- pen or pencil
- colored pencils, markers, or crayons
- safety scissors to cut out their haiku shape (optional)
- colored cardstock or construction paper (optional)
- glue stick to paste haiku shape on construction paper or cardstock (optional)
- basic rules of haiku writing
- how to count syllables
- Need a lesson for these? My Haiku Writing Library Lesson for Grades 3-6 includes five rules for writing haiku and group practice for counting syllables.
- PDF of 10 lined templates (one shape per page)
- PDF of 10 unlined templates (one shape per page)
- Google Slides version–students can type directly on the slides.
- owl, puddle, tree, flower, jellyfish, crab, spider, leaf, seashell, sunshine
There are no reviews yet.