- Recommended for: Grades 7-12
- Formats: PDF; Google Slides or PPT
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- Number of student slides: 42
- Number of printable pages: 1
- Duration of slideshow: If automatic timings for each slide are set to 45 seconds each, the scrolling show will last 31 minutes.
- PLEASE NOTE that this Election Day Digital Bulletin Board is .
- 42 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers and students)
- Basic Google Classroom directions
- How to set PPT slide timings directions
- weekly agenda and weekly schedule (can be for library or school announcements)
- When is Election Day in the US? (you can edit the date)
- Where do we vote?
- vocabulary: polling place, political party, absentee ballot, women’s suffrage, compulsory voting
- voting by mail, email, fax
- voting via absentee ballot
- Who is eligible to vote in the US?
- Why do some people not vote?
- 19th Amendment
- “Which US president…?” questions (served the longest, had the shortest term, was oldest, was youngest)
- school elections
- Student Council (you can fill in your own StuCo information)
- countries that require compulsory voting
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Can you vote if you cannot read?
- Discussion question: Are 16-year olds mature enough to vote?
- When is the next US presidential election?
- Happy birthday to… (add your student and faculty birthdays)
- Printable list of 19 related titles
- Includes middle school and YA titles
- all have an Election Day and Voting theme
- includes two small black and white Election Day images
- titles are editable, so you can customize the books included for your library
- All titles were hand-selected by a veteran school librarian for quality, diversity, positive reviews, and currency.