This Digital Bulletin Board is intended as an introduction to the topic of teen substance abuse. It is a passive program and digital booktalk for school libraries. It is to be a full lesson for a health or science class.
Recommended for: Grades 9-12
Number of pages: 60
Editable: Yes, all text is editable
Formats: PPT, Google Slides, and PDF
- 59 PPT slides + Google™ Slides link (all text is editable)
- Recommended Reads (1 page, editable in PDF and PPT; hand out to teachers, students, and parents)
- directions for how to set scrolling slide timings
- All text is editable in PPT and Google™ Drive. Images have been flattened to protect the copyright.
- Scroll the presentation using automatic timings (instructions included).
- This presentation can be used as a communication device, a library booktalk, and/or library lesson.
- All slides are in 16:9 landscape orientation
- What are opioids?
- How do drugs and alcohol affect the brain?
- Can prescription medications be addictive?
- difference between corticosteroids and anabolic steroids
- side effects of anabolic steroid abuse
- which countries have no drinking age
- which countries outlaw alcohol completely
- parental addiction to alcohol or drugs
- drug use among the rich and famous
- drug crime
- 17 book recommendations for Grades 9-12 (17 slides)–all titles relate to drug and alcohol abuse in teens or their parents
- Words of the Week: and
- trivia questions with answers
- facts and did you know…
- Daily and weekly schedule
- Weekly Birthdays