- PowerPoint OR Google Classroom
Grades 5-8. The included sample booktalk is best for Grades 5-8, but the blank template and Google™ Slides template can be used with any grade. All text in the sample book talk is editable, and some books will work outside the middle school setting.
- about the science fiction genre
- brief history of science fiction
- what is speculative fiction
- list of 9 popular subgenres of science fiction
- titles of some classic science fiction stories they may have heard of before
- 7 science fiction books in your library (template and sample booktalk included)
- Edit the blank PowerPoint template to create your own book talk.
- If you teach middle school, use the included sample to book talk 7 popular science fiction titles. It’s all done for you!
- Print the slides to create gorgeous science fiction-themed posters (8.5″ X 11″).
- Use the Google™ Slides version to allow students to create and share their own book talks.
- PowerPoint template and Google Slides template with text box suggestions (19 slides; all text editable)
- Book talk sample for middle school (19 slides; all text and book covers are
- Basic directions for using Google™ Slides (3 pages)
- Tips and ideas on four ways to use the presentations–also includes Google Drive force-copy link (1 page)