- ability to project your screen or Zoom software (for distance learning)
- paper and pen for keeping score (students can do this)
- : quirky prizes from the dollar store
My student my trivia games and get so excited when I have a new one! I’ve used them with Grades 6-9 during library time or for library lunch competitions. I do give prizes (they love quirky stuff from the dollar store!), which really helps to ramp up the competition.
My students play in teams, and I ask the “team captains” to keep track of the scores on a piece of paper. Team play is best unless you only have a small number of students playing.
- open the PowerPoint
- share your screen
- students select a letter from the game board (slide 4)
- click on the letter to see the question
- click “answer” to view the answer
- click “return to game board” to go back to the game board (slide 4)
- Once selected, letters on the game board will disappear. This means students cannot accidentally select the same letter twice.
- teacher controls the game–no need to send it to your students
- teacher or students can keep track of scores
- if the letters do not disappear when clicked, try using the “older versions of PPT” version (included)
IMPORTANT! For best results, please open this game with PowerPoint 2016. If you open in Keynote, Google Slides, or some other program, the clicked letters may not disappear from the game board as they should. I included a converted version of the game in the file for older versions of PowerPoint (common on school computers).
- 26 questions and answers (56 slides)
- 99% editable. Everything is editable except the art work on the game board (slide 4) and two other images. All text is editable, and nearly all images can be resized, moved, or deleted.
- Nearly every slide contains photographs.
- All but two images are public domain. That means that, except for those two, all
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers, particularly for middle school, to my store. All my new products are half-off for the first 48 hours.
Take advantage of the “First 48 Half-Off” by clicking here to follow my store. Following my store will give you notifications of when new products are posted. I also post all my new products to my MrsReaderPants FaceBook page and on my MrsReaderPants blog email list.