- Recommended for: Grades K-6; created for school libraries, but it works for classrooms, too!
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons, total of about 50 minutes
- Formats: PPT or Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
- 60-slide PPT + Google™ Slides–all text is editable; you choose which slides you want to use.
- Recommended Reads List (1 PDF page, editable)
- Detailed prep instructions and lesson plan (2 pages)
- sign language link (“heart”)
- guided discussion of human hearts
- location of human heart
- all humans have a heart in the same location
- heartbeats and heart rate
- how exercise affects heart rate
- tips for keeping your heart healthy.
- Every slide in the presentation is illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photos for K-6.
- fun facts and trivia
- whale hearts
- the heart-shaped ice lake on Pluto
- candy hearts
- insect hearts
- heart-healthy foods
- arteries vs. veins
- aorta and inferior vena cava
- Why is some human blood is blue and other human blood is red?
- 14 visual booktalks; includes picture books, fiction novels, nonfiction, and poetry.
- 2 library review questions
- “Would you rathers?” and “This or Thats?”
- Vocabulary words: arteries and cardiac
- This week’s birthdays, weekly and daily agenda slides