Click here to preview the first four cards in this Boom deck
- teacher BOOM™ Learning account (see “Using Your BOOM™ Cards” section below for more details)
- student BOOM™ accounts (teachers create student logins within their BOOM™ Learning Classroom)
- internet connection
- To play the Boom™ deck, students will need a computer, tablet, smartboard, or Boom™ Cards phone app
- Grade 4 — CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.1.E — Form and use prepositional phrases.
- Grade 5– CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.1.A — Explain the function of conjunctions, prepositions, and interjections in general and their function in particular sentences.
- Grades 3-5 — 11D.vi — edit drafts using standard English conventions, including prepositions and prepositional phrases
- Grade 4 — Writing 4.8B — The student will edit writing for correct grammar, capitalization, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and paragraphing.
- Ability to recognize a preposition in a sentence
- Ability to differentiate the meanings and appropriate uses of prepositions
- Knowledge of words that are prepositions (can refer to a list)
- Ability to identify object of a preposition in a sentence
Six cards per color…
- Blue cards: Finish the sentence using a prepositional phrase that makes sense. (multiple choice, 4 possible answers)
- Pink cards: Given a sentence, click on the preposition. (multiple choice, 4 possible answers)
- Yellow cards: Type a preposition that makes sense in the sentence (fill in the blank; multiple responses accepted).
- Green cards: Given a sentence, choose the object of the preposition. (multiple choice, 4 possible answers)
- 24 cards total (not editable)
- 100% self-grading
- colorful summer-themed illustrations on every slide
- easy-to-read print fonts
- If you purchase this product, you will receive a PDF that includes a link to the BOOM™ cards.
- You will need a BOOM™ Learning account to use this product. BOOM™ Learning has a free basic account and free 30-day trial premium accounts for teachers. The annual premium subscriptions are priced reasonably for individuals or schools. If you want to be able to download reports (used for grading student work), you will need a paid account.
Students can see if their answer is correct or incorrect immediately after they answer.
If you choose grade the deck, BOOM™ will grade them for you (reports are available in paid accounts only).
To use BOOM™ Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
There are no reviews yet.