: Grades 3-5
? YES, every card includes read-aloud audio.
- teacher BOOM™ Learning account (see “Using Your BOOM™ Cards” section below for more details)
- student BOOM™ accounts (teachers create student logins within their BOOM™ Learning Classroom)
- internet connection
- To play the Boom™ deck, students will need a computer, tablet, smartboard, or Boom™ Cards phone app
- headphones and computer audio (optional, but students won’t be able to use the audio read-aloud feature if they don’t have access to audio)
- Students should already be familiar with the following terms: biography, atlas, encyclopedia, thesaurus, almanac, newspaper, globe, index, Table of Contents, and glossary
- Blue cards: Students select which resource is most helpful for finding the information.
- Pink cards: Students fill in the missing letters. When the answer is submitted, the incorrect letters show in pink
- Green cards: Students drag the appropriate resource into the white box.
- Yellow cards: Students click a thumbs-up or thumbs-down to indicate true or false statements.
- 24 cards total
- audio included on all 24 cards
- 100% self-checking
- colorful illustrations on every slide
- easy-to-read print fonts
- If you purchase this product, you will receive a PDF that includes a link to the BOOM™ cards.
- You will need a BOOM™ Learning account to use this product. BOOM™ Learning has a free basic account and free 30-day trial premium accounts for teachers. The annual premium subscriptions are priced reasonably for individuals or schools. If you want to be able to download reports (used for grading student work), you will need a paid account.
BOOM™ Cards give immediate feedback!
Students can see if their answer is correct or incorrect immediately after they answer.
If you choose grade the deck, BOOM™ will grade them for you (reports are available in paid accounts only).
Using your BOOM™ Cards:
To use BOOM™ Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you’ll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.