Recommended for: Grades 2-6
Number of pages: 61
Editable: Yes, all text is editable
Formats: PPT, Google Slides, and PDF
Duration: 1-2 class periods (45 minutes each)
- 57 total PPT + Google™ Slides
- 13 slides are whole class discussion slides about the seven continents, Asia, and countries in Asia
- 41 slides are “scrolling presentation” slides that are great for extending lessons or scrolling in the library during checkout and downtimes.
- all text is editable
- Scavenger hunt (3 pages)–Students can complete these as they watch the presentation. They are looking for information and objects. Includes two hunts, one easier and one more difficult. Text is editable. Includes answer key.
- Recommended reading (1 page)–This is a printable list of the books featured in the presentation. Text is editable, so you can tailor it to your library collection.
- Detailed explanation of how I have used themed library lessons like this one for storytime on the “Specials” rotation. (10 pages, PDF)
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages, PDF)
- Instructions on how to set up PPT slide timings for digital bulletin boards (2 pages, PDF)
- Detailed prep instructions and lesson plan (2 pages)
- sign language slide and “how-to” video link (“Asia”)
- What are the seven continents?
- What continent is…largest? smallest? Which one do you live on?
- Photos of Taj Mahal (India), Red Square (Russia), Wat Arun (Thailand), the Chocolate Hills (Philippines), and rice terraces (Vietnam)
- Every slide in the presentation is illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photographs.
- 41 slides for Grades 2-6
- Biographical information about: Hazel Ying Lee (pilot), Anna May Wong (actor), and King Kamehameha I (Hawaiian king)
- Asian foods: kimchi, hummus, samosas, borscht
- More photos of Asian landmarks: The Winter Palace (Russia), Hapuna Beach (Hawaii), Manila North Cemetery (Philippines)
- the importance of tigers in Korean mythology
- vocabulary words: and
- this week’s birthdays
- weekly schedule and agenda
- checkout reminders (you add your own!)
- two versions, differentiated
- gives students something to look for while slides scroll
- editable text in PowerPoint and PDF