- new elementary librarians
- elementary librarians on Specials rotation
- secondary teachers who are now elementary librarians
- busy parents who just don’t have time to create detailed storytime lessons
I have been all four of these at the same time! My storytimes are the lessons I would have wanted when I was a new, overwhelmed, and exhausted school librarian.
- Recommended for: Grades K-2
- Lesson Duration: 1-2 library lessons (about 50 minutes total)
- Formats: PPT, Google Slides, PDF
- Editable: YES, all text is editable
***Please note that this presentation is designed to a read-aloud. The actual read-aloud story comes from you! I cannot include a recorded read-aloud due to copyright restrictions.
- 37-slide PPT + Google™ Slides
- List of 15 recommended Body Parts themed read-alouds (1 page)
- Scavenger Hunt Activity (1 page)
- Editable lesson Plan + AASL, CC, and TEKS (4 pages)
- Directions for using this lesson with the Specials rotation
- Google™ Classroom Basics (4 pages)
- Storytime song: “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes”–includes a slide with lyrics and pictures + YouTube link for motions and song in case you do not know it.
- Video links to “body” and various body parts in American Sign Language
- Slides for guided discussion of book parts: front cover, back cover, title, author, illustrator, spine, call number, title page, copyright date, and publisher. Use as many or as few as you like!
- All slides are illustrated with brightly-colored, high-resolution clipart and photos for K-2.
- “Our School Nurse” Spotlight
- 2 vocabulary words: (bone) and
- Fun facts about eyes, tongue, hair, fingers, brain, fingernails, teeth, nasal hair, nasal mucus, and butterfly proboscis